Companies and Employees
If you’re looking for a job or an employee in the WNY construction industry, the Construction Exchange has a solution for you. This is the first and only job posting app built for our industry, by our industry. It is a place to bring together hiring companies and potential employees. And it is just for you – the construction companies and construction workers of WNY.
The Construction Exchange is a leader in WNY construction education. From safety training to blueprint reading to mechanics liens, we have courses that can help you improve your skills.
HERO Act Webinar
October 28, 2021
Join Stacey Trien from Adams & LeClair to get your COVID law update in 60 minutes! Hear and understand the updated safety requirements and the mandates related to COVID vaccinations and testing.
The Online Plan Room
October 19, 2021
Learn what every Construction Exchange Member needs to know about the system! Presented by Plan Room Manager, Kristie Gerace, and Membership Director, Adam Guglielmi
Protecting Your Business Against Rising Material Costs
October 15, 2021
• Material Price Escalation Clauses
• How/if Force Majeure clauses can be used for material price increase and unavailable materials
• Addressing delays and extensions of time due to unavailability of materials
• Requesting change orders for material cost increases
• Requesting to use alternative materials
• Liability and claims for not completing work because of increased costs or unavailability of materials
• Practical considerations for dealing with increased construction costs
• Considerations for future projects
Business Basics: Accounting & Cost Projecting
October 13, 2021
-Major components of the Financial Statements
-Cash Flow Planning
-Change Order & Claims
Online Plan Room Overview
September 14, 2021
Learn what every Construction Exchange member needs to know about the system to get the best out of it!
Business Basics: Legal & Risk Management
September 29, 2021
The presentation focuses on critical business and construction issues for small to mid-size contractors.
1. Protecting your personal assets and corporate structure.
2. Practical considerations for avoiding problematic projects.
3. Important AIA contract terms.
4. Changes in work.
5. Scope of work disputes & payment disputes.
6. Collecting payment.
7. Avoiding common pitfalls that hurt small businesses.